Sunday, May 4, 2008

The List

So far, I have planned to write up short reviews of the following books:

BILL BRYSON
I'm a Stranger Here Myself
In a Sunburned Country
The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid
The Lost Continent
Notes from a Small Island
Shakespeare: The World as Stage
A Short History of Nearly Everything
A Walk in the Woods

VINCE FLYNN
Mitch Rapp Series:
Transfer of Power
The Third Option
Separation of Power
Executive Power
Memorial Day

DEAN KOONTZ
Brother Odd
Cold Fire
The Door to December
The Face
Fear Nothing / Seize the Night
The Good Guy
Hideaway
The Husband
Icebound
Intensity
Sole Survivor
Ticktock

PHILIP PULLMAN
His Dark Materials:
The Golden Compass
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spyglass
Lyra's Oxford
Other:
The Scarecrow and His Servant

Note that these won't necessarily be in-depth reviews of the books, but are reviews of the whole audiobook production in addition to a cursory review of the book itself. I don't deem myself to be well-read or critical enough to write a real critique of the book, but I'll do what I can. And in case you are curious-- I'm not a huge fan of Dean Koontz or Vince Flynn, but often their books are easy to listen to and, more importantly, easy to obtain for free. I am a huge fan of Bill Bryson, however, and trying to critique his books will be tough.

No comments: